Over the past few months, Journey has had the opportunity to work with over a dozen other churches in the Red Bank and greater Chattanooga area to bring a much needed food bank to Red Bank. Ken Sauer is the pastor of Red Bank United Methodist and he shared a vision for a ministry to help those who needed food but didn’t have the means to reach another area food bank.
I have been so excited to see many from our church participate in the construction, stocking, and fundraising efforts to make it all happen and we have an opportunity to launch the very first food distribution next Thursday, October 17th.
The Red Bank Food Pantry will officially begin at 5:00 and be open for approximately 2 1/2 hours. I don’t know how many families will be there, but I believe word will spread quickly. Here are some opportunities for you to get involved on that day, or right now!
- Help the 1st and/or 3rd Thursday of the month operating the disbursement of food at the Food Pantry.
- Help find corporate and local business sponsors
- Help recruit businesses to hold food drives
- Help unpack food or pack boxes in the days before the food pantry runs
- Help organize food on shelves and move delivered food to the pantry
- Help pick up food from food drives and retail locations
If you would like to get involved, you can sign up here. Please be in prayer for the families that will be served by this new ministry and how you can get involved!