“Awake, O Sleeper, and arise from the dead, and
What is Awaken?
1. to cause to become awaken or conscious; to stop sleeping; to make aware
2. the Student Ministry of Journey Church, consisting of students from 6th grade through 12th grade; the weekly Wednesday night gathering for the Middle School and High School students of Journey Church
Student Growth: 4 Primary Ways
1. Awaken Student Gathering / Wednesdays 6:30pm
Our weekly student gathering are focused on Student and leader fellowship, Biblical teaching from the Word, and the basics of discipleship for students. There is also an emphasis on spiritual disciplines that help lay the foundation for following Christ.
Awaken serves as the starting point for student growth at Journey
2. Worship & Engaging / Sundays 10:30am
Students engage with the rest of the congregation on Sunday mornings for fellowship, active hearing of the Word, and in worship of our Creator through song. It is emphasized that Sunday morning gatherings are just as much for the inclusion of students as they are for their parents and other adults.
Students participate in acts of service in a variety of ways. They have opportunities to serve on Sunday mornings assisting children’s teachers with classes, with organized student service opportunities for the entire group, as well as with specially planned service activities with Journey community partners like Room in the Inn.
Students are shown that acts of service are not only expected of followers of Jesus but essential to our growth and maturity in Christ
4. Discipleship & Bible Study Groups
Students have the opportunity to participate in gender-specific small groups that meet on a bi-weekly basis. In these gatherings, deeper dives into Scripture, discipleship, and accountability are intentional.
Questions about Awaken or want to learn how you or your student can get involved?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.