BEMA Discussion Group
Returning August 16th!
Every Wednesday at 6:30-8:00pm
The BEMA Podcast is a walk-through of the context of the Bible and the Text itself, as well as surrounding history. We deconstruct our common readings of the Bible and attempt to reconstruct them through the lens of historical context.
We will be returning for Season 2 by listening to a session each week and then discussing what we’ve heard and the implications to our own understand of the Bible and how it relates to our lives.
We will meet at Journey every Wednesday at 6:30 starting again on August 16th. You can find the podcast by clicking the button below and choosing the podcast platform of your choice.
The Discussion Group is not a Bible Study in the traditional sense. We aren’t teaching BEMA. You will listen to the podcast and then discuss any thoughts or questions with the group. The discussion should drive you into the Text and possibly online to research contextual clues.
Below are some possible questions we can wrestle with as a group to get started:
- What are the problems I see in this story? What sticks out to me?
- Is there anything that radically changes by viewing this with eastern eyes?
- What new truth did I learn in this podcast?
- What am I having a hard time embracing and why?
- Who are the characters in this story, and how do I relate to each one?
- How do I see this teaching displayed in my own life?
- What is changing in my life as a result of this lesson?
- What action points do I need to pursue in order to be transformed by this Text?