On August 13th, I would like to invite you to a special “Day of Worship” and back to school bash at Journey. We will be saying farewell to the Jacobs family as they head to Florida and will be joined by our full worship team for a morning of song.
After, we will have lunch “on the grounds” and water slides in the parking lot. The weather looks to be beautiful (as much as a forecast 10 days away can be) and it is a great time to get to know new friends, have fun, and get back into the fall routine!
Here are 5 ways you can prepare for this special day:
1. Be here. You can certainly worship alone, and that should be a part of your week, but there is something special about a chorus of voices raised together in worship of our God.
Matthew 18:20 (NLT)
20 For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.”
2. Invite a friend. The most effective way to involve people in your church is by simply inviting them. We can send postcards, boost Facebook posts, or hang flyers around the city, but nothing is as influential as an invitation from someone who is already a part of our church family.
3. Pray that God would be glorified and that your heart would be open to Him BEFORE you come. The more you prepare your heart for worship, the more surprised you will be at how moving your worship becomes.
4. Sign up to bring something. This weekend, we will have a sign up sheet for the regular food needs. In addition we also need about 300’ of hose, 4 large coolers, and a couple of grills. We will also need some volunteers to grill and serve. Lunch can be eaten inside or out, depending on your preference.
5. Be praying for the next thing that is coming along our own journey as a church. I will be sharing a glimpse this day as well.
6. Be sure to seek out Richard and Wendy to bid them farewell and pray for them as they take the next step in their own journey.
I am excited about the days ahead and about coming together to worship with you as family.
Thank you for the honor of being your pastor.